Cornwall - a taste of Kernow and wedding balloons



Cornwall, land of moors and mining, of dramatic cliffs and sandy beaches.
A place where the weather can not be predicted and where nature does it's own thing.
Described as an area of outstanding natural beauty it is also the poorest county in the UK. 
Tourism is the county's biggest industry but towns struggle in the low season...
For me Cornwall is a foodie destination, a place where you can eat a crab sandwich in a small village cafe that is ten hundred times better then in a highstreet establishment in ‘The big smoke’.
But Cornwall is also an environmental friendly place being nearly entirely self sufficient with the most beautiful produce you can think of. They have red, white, rose, sparkling and fruit wines. Real Cider, Cider Brandy and ale. Cheeses big and tiny, blue and yellow. Fish straight out of the Cornish waters, giving the word Fresh fish a whole other dimension.
So I can't call Cornwall the poorest county in the UK, they are in financial therms, sadly, but culture- and foodwise they are rich.
That's why I can't get enough of Cornwall, and by going there on holiday you help them with the 'being poor' side of the story but you can enjoy the wealth trough food and heritage.
Cornwall, land of turquoise waters, tiny pittoresque villages and great produce.
I can not praise it enough, I just adore every rock and pebble of it.

On the last day of our time in Cornwall last summer, my sweetheart Bruno proposed to me on a dramatic cliff at Lands End. The engagement ring was a simple silver band, forged on the rocks of the Cornish cliffs by a pirate and his pirate cat, meters from where he had just asked me.
The pirate also forged our wedding rings, bashing them on the rocks leaving them with an imprint of a very special place to cherish. 
This had to be our honeymoon destination without hesitation.
After our little wedding in a Sussex town steeped in history, we drove off to Kernow.
We visited the pirate and his cat and had a truly wonderful time.













On our wedding day in East-Sussex, UK. Pictures by Assassynation

I love my Stout and I'm proud of it!
Union Jack love
heart

 I hope you'll enjoy these views, they left me breathless and hungry for more... 


Best view ever, Bottalac Engine houses
Boat trip, great views over Polperro an Fowey harbour
ruines in the Moors
I see food
The tearoom in the Moors that was closed... sadly

Tintagel castle

A very special place...

Bottalac Engine houses

 































St-Ives, the 9 o-clock pink light



Polperro fishing harbour, the best place to eat fish



The netting house, Polperro





Please leave a comment. I appreciate every single one.


12 comments:

  1. Without a doubt one of the most beautiful places on earth. My most precious memories start here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww Bruno, that brought a tear to my eyes!! I love cornwall too xxx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Regula!! One of my friends comes from Cornwall so I have spend some time there and love it. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! It was hard to choose between the many, many pictures I made...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous wedding pics. I love Cornwall (my Uncle lives there) - spend as much time in Devon and Cornwall as possible. Cheers (raises a glass of Guinness)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers to you Sally! And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Regula,

    You look really happy! What a beautiful post with fantastic photos - a honeymoon to remember. I have not visited St. Ives but have heard a lot about it and understand why it would be so appealing.
    If you like Guiness then you have to try the Guiness in Dublin. It is the best by far ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful photos, of you and your honeymoon! Love Cornwall, haven't been there for a few years, but your photos made me want to go back.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacqueline, you must visit St-Ives, I'm posting a review about a restaurant there next week and it's a good one to try! I would love to drink a Guinness in Dublin some day!

    Angela, Go back!! The food is sooo great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. St Ives is my favourite childhood holiday and the last one with my dad :( xx, I love it....need to go back soon and visit Porthmoor beach xx

      Delete
  9. I had the time to look through this post. Your red dress was amazing and so beautiful. Cornwall photos are also wonderful. I used to live in England but I never went to Cornwall. Maybe we can organize our next meeting there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good idea Zita!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment, I love hearing from you!